LAC Federal seeks a Metadata Cataloger for a full time long term position (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) with a government library located in Washington, D.C. This is a replacement position with 3 years left on the contract.
· Catalog and provide metadata for digital objects added to the client’s digital repository
· Participate in the development, maintenance, and documentation of the library’s catalog using: client’s indexing and retrieval information tool, client’s Dublin Core schema, client’s MARC to Dublin Core mapping, client’s authority file, and digitization specifications
· Support client’s digital document management functions, which include but are not limited to support for the client’s Digital Repository (including backlog of technical reports and other items), operation of the electronic journal maintenance system, and file systems
· Support expansion of media within the client as audio, video, still image, data series, or other content may be added
· Investigate and evaluate new software applications to facilitate client’s Technical Services functions such as processing documents into the client’s Digital Repository, machine-aided indexing, metadata extraction, and digital preservation
· Provide publications support, such as editors, desktop publishing professionals, editorial assistants, and graphic designers to assist client’s reports, informational materials, and other documents in print and electronic formats for print publishing or publishing on the Web
· Provide digitization services for identified collections, delivering products adhering to the accessibility standards of Section 508
· Continue in progress improvements to client’s Integrated Search Database
· Complete and continue support for user interface for cataloging and integration of controls for client’s indexing and retrieval information tool and other controlled fields
· Support integration and development of client’s web site systems applications and services as these evolve, including but not limited to:
o Information resource management
o Knowledge management
o Content management
o Process management document management
o Web site updates, development, and maintenance
o Provide special collection views in the client’s Catalog as required for government agencies holdings to be accessed upon the request of the agency. These special views are an important delivery method for client’s content to special providers and customers;
o Provide and maintain metadata design and functionality consistent with national and international standards for Open Archives Initiative (OAI), Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI), information retrieval, data visualization, and developing client related standards for metadata.
Additional Responsibilities include the following:
· Copy catalog items
· Authority control and catalog maintenance activities
· Participate in activities with stakeholders (user training, answering questions, committee meetings, outreach through social media, etc.)
· Master’s degree in Library and Information Science is required
· Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed JATS, RDA
· Familiar with Metadata and Data Catalog Management such Dublin Core, MARC, DCMI, etc.
· Knowledge of library automation/cataloging platforms
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
· Creative problem solving abilities.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/qQKXPi