Job Opening Title: Archivist Intern (Part Time or Full Time)
Institution/Organization Name: Lykes Bros. Inc
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Tampa, Florida
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Lykes Bros Inc. history includes a vast variety of correspondence, reports, maps, photographs, memorabilia, business records and other documentation. The archivist intern will be responsible for selecting, organizing, evaluating, indexing and digitizing these materials in order to make the records easy to search through. The intern may also utilize archival and/or nonarchival materials to plan and/or prepare displays.
• Help identify and evaluate the archival value of materials.
• Organize the historical data, including physical arrangement (sorting, boxing, labeling).
• Inventorying, describing, photographing where applicable and indexing of materials.
• Identify ways of protecting and preserving materials.
• Digitizing records and converting materials into digital format for long-term storage and preservation.
• Creating a database for historical records and items.
• Creating collection guides and other basic finding aids.
• Draft a records preservation policy and schedule for the historic records of the archive.
• Completion of introductory courses in archives principles and practices via an accredited library science program is preferred.
• Knowledge of digital storage.
• Computer proficiency, advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Good communication, organization and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
• Willingness to drive to and work at the archives or other off-site locations as well as the Tampa office.
To apply, send resume to Greg Fraley, firstname.lastname@example.org