Job Opening Title: Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: Ursuline Sisters of Louisville
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Louisville, KY, USA
Application Deadline: July 1, 2017
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The Ursuline Sisters of Louisville are searching for an individual with education/ experience as an archivist to transition its archival holdings to a digital catalog system and to develop the accompanying digital finding aid. Duties include: supervise and/or perform reviewing of the organization of materials, filing of more recent materials that have accumulated, purging of extraneous items, entering descriptive data at the folder-level, and activating finding aid.
Discussion is open to determine if the position need be full-time – 30 to 40 hours per week vs. part-time – fewer than 30 hours, as plans develop on the future responsibility for and location of the collections.
The archives contain collections of: the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville, Kentucky, from founding in 1858 to the present; the Ursuline Sisters of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the Ursuline Sisters of Columbia, South Carolina, both of whom merged with the Louisville group, and the Ursuline Sisters of Mount St. Joseph, Maple Mount, Kentucky, until that group became a separate corporation in 1912.
• A sense of history and especially knowledge of the history of women religious of the Roman Catholic Church in the United States.
• A commitment to learn and respect the history of the Ursuline Sisters and to preserve its official records and special archival holdings.
• Expertise in organization and management of records
• Proficiency on Microsoft Office and Windows and higher operating systems
• Openness to learning Filemaker database management software
• Ability to work independently and also to supervise data entry personnel.
The archive collection is housed in a climate-controlled room in the headquarters (motherhouse) of the Ursuline Sisters at 3115 Lexington Rd., Louisville, Kentucky.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sr. Martha Jacob, OSU, at firstname.lastname@example.org. by July 1, 2017.