Job Opening Title: Records Manager
Institution/Organization Name: Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA)
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): New York, NY
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: POSITION
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
The Records Management program is part of the Information Resources Office, which is dedicated to the maintenance and use of records throughout their lifecycle. The position reports to the Archivist, who manages the Information Resources Office.
This Records Manager is responsible for the effective and appropriate management of the records management program. The Records Manager will maintain records management policies and provide overall management and coordination of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts’ Records Management Program.
The Records Manager is responsible for all activities connected with the life cycle of records including the development and implementation of active physical/electronic filing systems; the preservation and storage and disposal of inactive records, assistance in controlling cost associated with physical/electronic creation, storage, and retrieval; and other aspects of records and electronic management as required. This role is also responsible for providing customer focused service and building positive and constructive relationships with stakeholders, by understanding their needs, problems, and providing timely communication and service.
• Develops Records Management Procedures.
• Develops and conducts instructional programs and trains employees in sound document, records, and electronic management practices and the use of documentation and records management systems.
• Track organization’s compliance with Records Management Procedures.
• Manages the processing of records to and from off-site storage and related vendor contracts.
• Manage transition from paper to electronic records.
• Provide document and records systems support for non-technical issues.
• Analyze and evaluate records and electronic management throughout the agency and recommend cost effective improvement strategies.
• Organize the identification and disposal of records that are at the end of their life-cycle.
• Work with General Counsel to execute, track, and lift legal holds on records.
• Update records retention schedules meet current records requirements.
• Develop and update reports, manuals, and presentations.
• Stay current with archival records management/records management technology, as well as legal concerns that may impact the organization’s records.
• Work on cross-functional teams to promote and foster systematic and efficient records and electronic management initiatives. And to support the application of procedures for managing document and records management.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned in support of Lincoln Center’s goals and the Information Management Office’s vision, mission, and objectives aligned to these goals.
• Position requires occasional work off-site at storage vendor.
• 1 – 3 years of experience working with institutional records (paper and electronic) within a records management/electronic records management program
• Comprehensive knowledge of current records management – paper and electronic, and archival methods, procedures, tools, and techniques, including preservation trends and applications required
• Certified Records Manager or Information Governance Professional preferred
• Experience with digital repositories and/or special collections; experience with digitization projects and database management systems strongly preferred
• Technical skills and knowledge including current metadata schemes and standards relevant to the archival control of digital collections, long-term storage planning and digital asset management systems
• Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills
• MLIS from an ALA-accredited program with an emphasis in records management or Masters in archival management with a CRM desired
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Records Manager in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.