Job Opening Title: Engineering Archives Processing Assistant (short-term)
Institution/Organization Name: San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Engineering Archives
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): San Francisco
Application Deadline: 4/21/17
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission’s (SFPUC) Engineering Archives is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Processing Assistant to aid in the management of a vast collection of engineering records generated by multi-million dollar infrastructure construction projects. These records span from before the inception of the current water system to current projects related to the Sewer System Improvement Program (SSIP). The Processing Assistant will help inventory, catalog, digitize, and archive these permanent engineering records. This is a 6-month, full-time, temporary position.
• Create detailed inventory of document box contents in Excel spreadsheet accession log.
• Using the current SFPUC’s Record Retention Schedule, identify documents considered permanent records for archiving as well as candidates for disposal.
• Scan and create detailed metadata for digital records for archiving in eDOCS Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) using both desktop and large-format scanners.
• Assist with management of physical spaces by identifying and quantifying open shelf space, shifting boxes and cabinet contents, and preparing items for transfer to storage.
• On occasion, assist with records requests from SFPUC engineers, City Attorney’s office, and other interested parties by searching ERMS, collecting relevant documents, and providing access as required.
• Assist Engineering Archives photographer in management of historical photo collection.
• Previous library and/or archives experience required; Master’s degree or coursework in Library and Information Science with a focus on Archives and/or Records Management desirable.
• Strong organizational skills with an aptitude for complex, detailed work.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to accomplish organizational goals.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; prior experience working with ERMS, Integrated Library System, Digital Asset Management System, or other Content Management System highly desirable.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 40 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Peter Norman (firstname.lastname@example.org).