Job Opening Title: Archivist Internship Opportunity
Institution/Organization Name: The World Food Prize Foundation
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Des Moines, IA
Application Deadline: March 31
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: The World Food Prize is seeking a motivated student to develop and implement a strategy in archiving the institution’s document collection. This is a term position starting May 2017 and ending August 2017 (with possibility of extension). The intern will work at minimum 12 hours per week.
• Assess the existing collection and develop a thorough and consistent method in archiving
• Scan or photograph negatives, prints, and other types of material to preservation standards
• Create and maintain electronic record of the collection
• Maintain proper care and maintenance of the collection an
• Survey and process (arrange, organize, and describe) the existing collection
• Produce descriptive information on textual records, photographs, and artifacts (indexes, catalogs, finding aids, etc.)
• Reformat materials (photocopying/scanning)
• Current student, or recent graduate, in the areas of Archives, History, or Library Science
• Research skills and knowledge of archival theory and practice
• Detail-oriented with strong research skills
• Ability to work independently
• Flexible weekdays:
• 12 hr/week
• Possibility of extension
• World Food Prize Hall of Laureates, Des Moines, IA
Please send resume and cover letter to Crystal Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the World Food Prize:
THE WORLD FOOD PRIZE is the foremost international award recognizing — without regard to race, religion, nationality, or political beliefs — the achievements of individuals who have advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity or availability of food in the world.
The Prize recognizes contributions in any field involved in the world food supply — food and agriculture science and technology, manufacturing, marketing, nutrition, economics, poverty alleviation, political leadership and the social sciences.
The World Food Prize emphasizes the importance of a nutritious and sustainable food supply for all people. By honoring those who have worked successfully toward this goal, The Prize calls attention to what has been done to improve global food security and to what can be accomplished in the future.