Job Opening Title: S.T. Lee Innovation Grant Project Assistant
Institution/Organization Name: Harvard Law School
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Cambridge, MA, USA
Link to job posting: http://bit.ly/2l0rPLt
Years of experience required:
Job Description (if URL to posting not available). Please include instructions for how to apply.: Under the direction of the Historical & Special Collections Assistant, this position will support a grant-funded project to investigate and prototype an application that would allow students to easily and securely transfer files to archives and special collections for long-term preservation and use by researchers. Note: This is a part-time term position beginning immediately and ending June 30, 2017.
The ideal project assistant is advocacy-minded, with excellent communication skills and a passion for the general mission of archives and special collections to preserve a broad representation of human culture. They should be perceptive to diverse needs and understand the ethics and social responsibility inherent in digital archiving and archiving student lives. The assistant should have an interest in digital archiving, user experience (UX) testing, workflow development, and outreach, performing duties such as:
• Communicate and advocate the project to Harvard Law School students.
• Develop user experience (UX) tests and surveys for students and staff.
• Plan, schedule, and administer UX tests and surveys. Synthesize results into final report.
• Use gathered research to inform the technical requirements for a secure transfer application.
• Work with a developer to design the prototype.
• Experience working with special collections and archival material, especially in an outreach capacity.
• Knowledge of issues surrounding born-digital archives and collecting born-digital material.
• Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Coursework in library & information science preferred.
• Experience with UX testing and surveys.
This is a term appointment currently expected to extend to June 30, 2017, subject to funding and departmental need.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.